South San Francisco
Improving the health & well-being of the communities we serve
Kaiser Permanente South San Francisco is the largest health care provider in this community and is viewed as a model for integrated health care delivery.
Kaiser Permanente South San Francisco Medical Center
Kaiser Permanente’s South San Francisco Medical Center is a 122-bed facility that offers a wide range of services, including inpatient and outpatient care. More that 200 physicians and 1,392 support staff have been serving over 100,000 members in this community since 1946. Kaiser Permanente South San Francisco is the largest health care provider in this community and is viewed as a model for integrated health care delivery.
Services offered at the South San Francisco Medical Center:
- 24-hour Emergency services
- Comprehensive primary care outpatient services: Medicine, OB/Gyn and Pediatrics
- Surgical specialties including General Surgery, Gynecology, Head & Neck Surgery, Ophthalmology, Orthopedics and Urology
- Medical sub-specialties including Cardiology, Endocrinology, Gastroenterology, Hematology/Oncology, Infectious Diseases, Nephrology, Pulmonary, Rheumatology
- Hospital based specialties: critical medicine, hospital based medicine, Emergency medicine, Anesthesiology, Pathology and Radiology
- The medical center also provides mental health/Psychiatry, chronic pain treatment, Allergy, Neurology, Minor Injury and Sports Medicine, Dermatology and Occupational Medicine
- South San Francisco provides subspecialty referral care for West Bay patients requiring Radiation Oncology, MS Oncology and Bariatric Surgery
Kaiser Permanente is dedicated to improving the health and well-being of our members and the communities we serve
Kaiser Permanente awards community service grants, donates surplus equipment and collaborates with numerous community organizations. Our physicians volunteer their services to non profit clinics and many hold clinical teaching positions at UCSF and Stanford.
Patients reflect the diverse people who have settled in this area, representing immigrants from all over the world, but particularly from Asia. Physicians enjoy practicing in this multicultural environment.
South San Francisco, a wonderful place to live
South San Francisco is located 2.2 miles north of the San Francisco International Airport, between San Bruno Mountain in the Santa Cruz Mountain Range and the San Francisco Bay. The community is only 10 miles south of San Francisco. South San Francisco is known as the Industrial City and is home to some of the Bay Area’s largest employers. The northern Peninsula is a wonderful place to live because of its mild climate and its proximity to San Francisco, one of the world’s most beautiful cities. Many physicians and their families enjoy the ocean and the mountains.
We can help your practice thrive
Kaiser Permanente is a fully integrated care delivery program with comprehensive administrative support and work-life balance. Members of our cross-specialty team have the opportunity to enhance their skills in an innovative, collegial environment. Providing exceptional patient care is our foremost priority. If you want to join a practice that offers both personal and professional advantages, we invite you to become part of Kaiser Permanente South San Francisco’s physician team.