Building a healthy future for our patients and your practice
Welcome to the Kaiser Permanente Vacaville Medical Center and Medical Offices! A proud provider of high-quality healthcare for the Northern Solano area since 1996, Kaiser Permanente Vacaville has a well-earned reputation for providing exceptional care. It has been repeatedly recognized on the Leapfrog Top Hospitals list for outstanding success in such areas as the use of electronic health records to reduce medication and other errors, positive outcomes on high-risk surgical procedures, low mortality rates, and appropriate physician staffing.
In April 2014, we were pleased to be honored as the Best Hospital and Best Pharmacy in the area by readers of the Daily Republic newspaper, and Business of the Year by the Vacaville Chamber of Commerce. Kaiser Permanente is also #2 on the Forbes.com 2014 Happiest Company in America list.
Features of the Vacaville campus:
- 140 licensed beds, each in its own private room
- Emergency Department with 35 treatment areas, radiology & surgical services
- Level 1 Maternity services with Family Birth Center and Well Baby Nursery
- Level II Trauma Center
- A 24/7 pharmacy fulfilling outpatient and inpatient discharge orders
- The Fresh & Natural Cafeteria featuring healthy and delicious menu options
- An employee fitness center with fitness classes and massage services
- The Vacaville Victory Garden, an onsite employee vegetable garden
- “The Arboretum” – a lovely open-air atrium with a flowing water feature and tranquil landscaping
- “The Glade” – an expansive park like area with shady trees and mind-body centering labyrinth, perfect to enjoy lunch or breaks
- Certified Farmer’s Market providing fresh, local and organic produce
- Bike parking and bike lockers
- Robust Wellness Programs with free mind-body programs available to all physicians
- Generous, free parking for physicians, staff and members
- Energy Star Rated – One of the most energy efficient hospitals in Northern California
Vacaville is a member of the Kaiser Permanente Napa-Solano Service Area (NSA), which also includes the Vallejo Medical Center, the medical offices at Vallejo, Fairfield and Napa, and the Kaiser Foundation Rehabilitation Center — a specialty care facility helping patients recover from stroke, brain, or spinal cord injury, or other conditions that affect the ability to move, speak, or think.
Vacaville is proud to be designated as Solano County’s sole Level II trauma center for serious injuries and life-saving care. With one of the largest helipad landing areas in Northern California, Vacaville is capable of receiving both county and military helicopters bringing in the area’s most severe emergency cases.
Vacaville is certified by the Joint Commission as a Primary Stroke Center. Over the past decade, Kaiser Permanente has implemented programs both to prevent stroke and improve outcomes for patients who already have suffered one. Such efforts resulted in a significant reduction in deaths from stroke among Kaiser Permanente members in Northern California.
Our clinical departments include:
- Adult Medicine
- Behavioral Medicine
- Chemical Dependency Recovery Services
- Chronic Care Management
- Dermatology (including Cosmetic Dermatology & Mohs Surgery)
- Family Medicine
- Head and Neck Surgery
- Hospice and Palliative Care
- Hospital Based Medicine
- Infectious Disease
- Intensive Care Unit
- Interventional Radiology
- Family Birth Center
- Neurology & EMG Services
- Nuclear Medicine
- Occupational Medicine
- Oncology & Infusion
- Optometry and Optical Sales
- Outpatient Pharmacy
- Chronic Pain Management
- Pediatric Sub-Specialties
- Perioperative Medical Clinic
- Physical Medicine and Spine Clinic
- Physical Therapy (Inpatient and outpatient)
- Psychiatry – Adult, Adolescent and Children’s Services
- Pulmonary Medicine & Outpatient Rehabilitation
- Reproductive Health
- Sleep Clinic
- Spine Clinic
- Sports Medicine
- Stroke Center
- Trauma Surgery
- Women’s Health
We can help your practice thrive
At Kaiser Permanente we offer a fully integrated care delivery program where you’ll enjoy clinical autonomy, comprehensive administrative support, and the opportunity to realize your highest professional aspirations. Every member of our cross-specialty practice benefits from the opportunity to enhance their skills in an innovative, collegial environment where providing exceptional patient care is our foremost priority.
When it comes to clinical training, interpersonal excellence and diversity, Permanente physicians stand apart. In Northern California, our physicians hail from top medical schools, residency programs and fellowships, with 22% receiving their training at Harvard University, Stanford University, or the University of California at San Francisco. Because physicians who join Kaiser Permanente are attracted to our collaborative practice environment, they excel at communicating with patients and colleagues. And although we recruit hundreds of new physicians for positions throughout Northern California each year, we never compromise our standards. Only 1 in 10 applicants is hired.
Professional Education and Development is a core component of Permanente Medicine and supports the concepts of group excellence and self-governance that have been the backbone of a strong care delivery system for over 65 years. Our medical group has a culture that is dedicated to life-long learning in the art and science of medicine, and in the management of a high quality care delivery. From online self-study options, to small group sessions, to Grand Rounds presentations by nationally recognized experts, learning opportunities are offered in a variety of modalities to suit different schedules and learning preferences. We also offer a full 4-part Maintenance of Certification support program.
Serving one of Kaiser Permanente’s fastest-growing service areas, our Vacaville facility will continue to expand its services to meet our community’s growing needs. Physicians who join us will play a key role in implementing systems, services, and technology that can keep pace with Vacaville’s progress.
Training the Next Generation of Physicians
Kaiser Permanente Northern California residency programs have been in existence since 1947. Our goal is to train the finest quality physicians in the setting of the nation’s largest and most highly regarded integrated health care system. Vacaville and the Napa-Solana
Area are proud to offer a residency in Podiatry/Podiatric Surgery and Family Medicine. We host medical graduate students from UC San Francisco, UC Davis, Drexel, Touro and Sutter Health Sacramento for clinical rotations in OB/GYN, Family Medicine, Surgery, Cardiology, and Orthopedic/Sports Medicine. Our graduates are highly sought after and many become leaders in our own or other health care organizations.
Re-writing the book on how to do public service
The Volunteers In Public Service (VIPS) program was founded in 2005 by now-retired Vallejo physician Richard Fleming. Dr. Fleming was convinced that if he could build a network of worthwhile volunteer opportunities, physicians would come. He was absolutely right. The VIPs model makes it easy for clinicians to volunteer to help the underserved in local communities. The program handles all the details, including finding service placements, arranging malpractice coverage, setting up schedules, orienting volunteers to the agencies, and periodically evaluating placements to make sure they are working well. The VIPS model has become so successful that it has won numerous awards and has sometimes had a lengthy waiting list… of physicians asking to participate.
In addition, Kaiser Permanente sponsors and/or provides medical support services for a variety of community-based “Thrive” activities in the Napa Solano Area and beyond. Recently, we have provided medical support for the Loop the Lagoon 5K/10K Fun Run, the Monticello Solano Century Bike Ride, the Napa Valley Marathon, the America’s Cup, and USGA Senior Open Championship.
It’s easy to fall in love with Vacaville
Situated halfway between San Francisco and Sacramento and bordered by rolling hillsides, Vacaville is a haven for anyone who enjoys a mix of metropolitan culture and small-town living. Each member of our close-knit community enjoys the recreational and personal advantages that come with a moderate climate. Warm summers and mild winters offer ample, year-round opportunities to get out and enjoy a scenic city that’s adored by many, especially those who call it home.
Here are just a few of Vacaville’s advantages and amenities:
- Over a dozen golf courses within a 30 minute drive
- Annual Fiesta Days & Fourth-of-July celebrations
- Annual Pops Concert by the Solano Community Symphony
- Bike paths throughout the city
- Country and Western Festival
- Creekwalk free summer concert series
- Day trips to the beaches, Lake Tahoe or the Napa wine country
- Diverse and welcoming faith communities
- Fishing, sailing, biking, hiking, river rafting & more
- Lagoon Valley/Pena Adobe Regional Park
- Local running and cycling groups
- Merriment on Main holiday festivities
- Mondavi Center for the Performing Arts
- Nut Tree Shopping Plaza
- Protected green belts with developed hiking trails and docent-led tours
- Public and Private School Options
- Revitalized historic downtown featuring great boutiques, stores & restaurants
- Solano Community College
- State-of-the-art public recreation facilities:
- ball fields
- beautiful local and regional parks
- community pool with waterslides & a diving well
- skateboard park
- Vacaville Farmer’s Market
- Vacaville Performing Arts Theater
- Vacaville Premium Outlet Stores
- Year-round organized sports leagues (soccer, baseball, softball, ice hockey & more)
- Young Artists Conservatory of Music
Vacaville is served by the Sacramento, Oakland, and San Francisco International Airports.
Our breathtaking surroundings, great cost-of-living, countless amenities and family-oriented lifestyle make it easy to fall in love with Vacaville. We’re proud of our community, its history and heritage. For more information, please visit the City of Vacaville web site.